Complete the form below to learn more about the online MSW program from the Wurzweiler School of Social Work.
Welcome to “The Heights” at Wurzweiler Online
Complete the form below to learn how you can shape your passion with an online Master of Social Work.
A Virtual Exploration of Social Work
As you progress through the online Master of Social Work (MSW) program, you will be routinely directed to visit “The Heights,” a dynamic virtual learning environment that lets you explore complex scenarios relevant to your future in the field. Built to simulate geographic and demographic diversity, The Heights includes urban, metropolitan, suburban and rural locations, each featuring unique points of interest and potential case management scenarios.
Navigating The Heights
In preparation for the online MSW’s fieldwork assignment and your future roles in social work, The Heights empowers you to practice what you learn in class in an engaging, risk-free environment.
Here’s how you will navigate your virtual surroundings and access various activities and assignments:
Points of Interest
- Color-coded points of interest will direct you to critical community features, including schools, health and wellness provisions, public services, food, transportation, community centers, and more
- To reveal important details about a select location or service, or to access available case management scenarios, simply hover over the desired point of interest or input a specific Navigation ID, usually provided as part of a course assignment
- Outside of assignments, you may visit points of interest to engage with case studies relevant to various roles within the social work field, or to listen to real-world professional and academic presentations delivered as part of a conference or lecture
- A collection of demographic “lenses” lets you view the composition of a particular community according to specific data sets, which can include household income, minority status, age, education level and more
- You can turn on multiple lenses at once, which can help you customize the current environment according to individual course lessons or community learning objectives
- Select courses throughout the online MSW program will direct you to activate specific lenses within a particular region and use the resulting insight to either complete an assignment or better connect with the current course topic(s)
Case Management Scenarios
- Within select points of interest, you will encounter case management scenarios that guide you through situational narratives and challenge you to decide what steps should be taken on the virtual client’s behalf
- At key points in these narratives, you will encounter multiple choice prompts from which you must select what you think is the best course of action before you can move ahead; how the narrative progresses and concludes will depend on your selections for each prompt
- In some situations, you will be required to review relevant case materials, which could include videos, case histories or downloadable documents, before you are able to progress through the narrative
Explore Wurzweiler’s Online MSW Program
Shape Your Future With Our Flexible Curriculum
In addition to advanced clinical practice with individuals and families, group work, and community practice, the online MSW can also accommodate unique social work specializations.
Prepare for What’s Ahead
Our application and admissions requirements, as well as our expert Admissions Advisors, will help prepare you for a rewarding program built on rigorous coursework and field-based training.
Discover New Ways to Engage Online
The online MSW offers exclusive support resources for your digital experience, as well as unique opportunities to engage and collaborate remotely with your cohort peers and faculty.